We moved! Don't miss out all the excitements - http://x3thearan59.weebly.com/

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MapleStoryPointer

Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stupidhendry
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
stupidhendry

IGN : Miaoo
Class : Aran
World : Fornax
Male Posts : 220

Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 11:22 am

┘┌┬┐┘┌┐┘┘┘
┘│┴├─┤├─┐┘
┘│┬│┴┤│┼│┘
┘└┴┴─┴┤┌┘┘
┘┘┘┘┘┘└┘┘┘
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/x3Hendry
Knight
Knight

IGN : Magicycc
Class : Magician
World : Aquila
Male Posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 12:08 pm

did you try using hotspot shield?
Back to top Go down
stupidhendry
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
stupidhendry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 7:55 am

notyet...
i dunno where to download it = =
Back to top Go down
I Love Maple
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
I Love Maple

IGN : 1RiOT1
Class : Warrior
World : Nova
Male Posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 10:04 am

hotspot shield download website >http://www.anchorfree.com/
Back to top Go down
stupidhendry
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
stupidhendry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 11:43 am

HOTSPOT CAN CHANGE MY IP TO TAIWAN IP???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

IGN : x3The제로59
Class : Zero
Level : 200
World : KMS - Culverin
Male Posts : 1110

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:35 pm

Maybe can try it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/x3TheAran59FanPage
stupidhendry
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
stupidhendry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

its not working..
same as like before
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:04 pm

Well if that do not work, I am not sure sorry.
Back to top Go down
stupidhendry
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
stupidhendry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

thx
Back to top Go down
fishx
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
fishx

Male Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
xlmpreza
xlmpreza

Male Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 7:22 pm

Taiwan MS nice? Big Bang out'ed?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 1:44 am

TMS got Big Bang
Back to top Go down
xlmpreza
xlmpreza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 3:43 am

MSEA is really outdated... *SIGH*...
Back to top Go down
I Love Maple
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
I Love Maple

IGN : 1RiOT1
Class : Warrior
World : Nova
Male Posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 5:32 am

ya.. msea is getting more and more slow the patch
Back to top Go down
Knight
Knight

IGN : Magicycc
Class : Magician
World : Aquila
Male Posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 5:42 am

Can't wait for BBP to come to MSEA
Back to top Go down
xlmpreza
xlmpreza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 5:54 am

I wonder what MSEA GM doing whole year O_O
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 9:49 am

Sitting home like a couch potato waiting for the money =) (Just joking)
Back to top Go down
xlmpreza
xlmpreza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 11:37 am

^ You're 100% right.. This is how they roll... LOL
Back to top Go down
fishx
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
fishx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Feb 2011, 6:32 am

smth we dont know...we cannot blame MSEA...u all r wrong, we should consider asiasoft earning money problem and some issue maybe is copyright problem...we all jus a player dont know the thing facing by asiasoft even we know they are money sucker but ASIASOFT is different with NEXON so asiasoft need to get sometime to update it....anything jus log in ur asiasoft ID go the ibox to chat with asiasoft ppl...

ASIASOFT-MSEA and MThai
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Feb 2011, 6:46 am

Step One – Preparation

Server patch is an “all hands on deck” situation. It requires at least a patch and server engineer, the developers, at least one producer, QA testers, and occasionally a database administrator. It also requires intense preparation and planning to keep the patch as short as possible.

First, the server engineer and the developers list out all the tasks that must be performed and create an internal schedule. Next, the producer takes that schedule, adds time for testing, and adds in some extra time in case there’s an emergency. Then the producer creates a “patch post” that gets put up on the official Website to let the players know a patch is coming.

While this is going on, the developer is delivering all of the new files and a list of changes to the server engineer and the producer. The server engineer must check the files to ensure they contain no errors. Then they’re loaded onto our internal testing environment. That’s where the QA testers come in. They do some basic testing to ensure that the changes cause no serious issues. Once they’re satisfied, they give the server engineer the green light. This all happens in the two days before the patch itself.

Step Two – Bring it Down

When the patch begins, the first thing that happens is we block the login port. This keeps anyone but us from logging into the game. Then we shut down the login servers. These are the servers that maintain the players’ connection to the game servers. Once these are down, all players are removed from the game though the game worlds are still running. Finally the game servers themselves are shut down. This takes over an hour because each game server has to run a number of “synchronization checks” to make sure the game database has an accurate record of the current state of all players.

These synchronization checks are actually a large part of the patch period and one of the major reasons they’re necessary. If the game servers aren’t shut down on occasion to run these checks, they can become unstable. The last servers brought down are the databases. This only happens if we have to work on them though. If there’s an unscheduled server patch, we try to not bring down the database servers if we can help it. This helps keeps the patch as short as possible.

Step Three – Update

Once the servers are down, we start updating the patch code. Patch code changes include minor bug fixes, add some sort of internal data tracking tools, or adjust in-game content. This is actually the quickest part of patch, usually taking only about five minutes.

The real time-consuming changes come when we have to make changes to the database. Even routine database work like world transfers and name changes can take about an hour and a half on average, depending on the number of requests. Sometimes though, more complicated changes are needed. Since the databases contain all the information for every character that exists in the game – every character. That character you haven’t logged into for two years? It’s in there. That Cygnus Knight you played to level 30 and never touched again? It’s in there too. That’s a lot of ones and zeros to dig through, so any change takes some time. It gets worse if a query for a database change fails and must be started over. That can add hours to the downtime.

While the servers are down, we also usually update the Cash Shop. Updating the Cash Shop doesn’t actually require a server patch as it’s located on a separate set of servers. That allows us to update and maintain the Cash Shop without affecting the game servers if needed, but we try to schedule Cash Shop Maintenance around server patches.

Step Four – Bring it Back Up

Once all the changes have been made, we can restart the servers. Bringing servers back online happens in the reverse order from bringing them down. First we bring up the databases, then the game servers, then the login servers. Bringing servers back up takes about an hour and is usually the easiest part of the patch. We rarely encounter errors or issues during this step.

Step Five – Testing

Once all the servers are back up and running, we leave the login port blocked and enter the game to test it. We log into every channel in every world, test the Cash Shop and Maple Trading System, create and delete characters, and test new account creation. These tests are to ensure that nothing abnormal has happened to the servers. This testing takes about thirty minutes. Once it’s completed we can open the game to players.

This is often where delays happen even though we schedule twice as long as we need for the testing itself. That’s because we have hundreds of servers and sometimes one or more fails to restart properly. Sometimes there are network connection issues. This step allows us to see those problems before players experience them. If and when these very serious issues occur, we can bring the servers back down to fix it. Of course this causes the patch to be extended, so it’s the one thing we never want to see during this step.

Step Six – Back to adventure!

Once the patch is over and the game is stable, the developers and patch and server engineer go home to sleep. Once a server patch begins, no one working on it leaves until it’s complete, so some of us will have been up for over 24 hours. In the mean time, the producer and QA testers monitor the game, read the forums, and hang out in populated areas of the game to make sure players are not experiencing any problems. Assuming everything went smoothly, the patch is all done – and then the rest of us can go home to sleep!

I hope you enjoyed this little peek into what we do during server patch. Quite frankly, they’re not my favourite part of my job (I know you don’t like them much either), but they’re the unglamorous necessity that keeps MapleStory running. Hopefully now they’re less of a mystery.

- Information from Nexon to all MapleStory
- x3TheAran59 Administrator

Back to top Go down
xlmpreza
xlmpreza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 4:46 pm

^ Process of updating Maple? O_O Looks interesting lols.
Back to top Go down
fishx
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
fishx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:26 am

i think asiasoft have different ways...coz why they patch so slow....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Variathas @ Asiasoft Forum

Hi guys,

On behalf of the players, mods did check with the maple admins on the issue of having BBP (Big Bang Patch) asap for everyone.

Having BBP (Big Bang Patch) is not as easy as it seems as the patch preparation will take MUCH longer than a normal patch with events or a patch with new class, example Evan or Dual Blade.

A normal patch with events or new maps/new boss will take 4-8 weeks of preparation.
A patch with new class (including maps, boss, etc) will take 6-12 weeks of preparation.

BBP consist of:
Overall change of most maps
Modify of all exsisting classes (adventurers, KOC, Aran, Evan, Dual Blade)
Modify of all mobs
Change of Interface
New Classes (Not only 1 class...well...you all should know how many are there)
New quests and maps
As you all know, BBP is the most complicated and the patch with the most changes EVER.
The Admins are unable to reveal how long the preparation will takes, but they are already working on it for some time. Right after DB patch.

Some of you may think MapleSEA can just port the data over from other services which already released BBP.
But in actual fact, each MapleStory service is unique in serveral or many ways which make it near to impossible to simply "Copy and Paste" BBP over.

The above stated points are only in-game contents and not including serveral technical problems like for example, OS compatibility issues which they are trying to solve as well. Like what one of you commented, it more of a global issue happening to other services as well.

Hope this will clear some doubts and please give the team that is working on MapleSEA BBP some moral support and some time to provide a BBP with the best satisfactory r
esults to everyone.
Back to top Go down
fishx
Junior Helper
Junior Helper
fishx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 10:47 am

nice steve~now we know why asiasoft so slow~they also do now~they want us play with comfort
Back to top Go down
xlmpreza
xlmpreza

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 12:57 pm

No wonder. O_O Hope Win7 is compatible for BBP when it is out, if not I cry die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG???   Anyone know how to play taiwan MS in MY/SG??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next